MALIBU Looking for 1981 Clear corner lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I saw a car a few months ago, in either car craft or hot rod, with clear front corner lights. I searched the net for them but no luck. Does anyone know a source or were they one offs?

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
icbw, but i thought they were all amber/orange. i have seen some that were so sun faded that they could be mistaken for white.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
They could be European lenses. I know there's some different configurations abroad. A guy that had been a member here a few years back from Norway, if I'm not mistaken, had an '80 Malibu wagon with blanked out corner lights. I've never seen them before. I got to see if I can dig up a picture somewhere in my archives.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Here's a pic that I found of his car.
2.png
20151126_155216.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looking at the corner lights. I'm trying to determine whether they are clear lenses, or a blanked out lens with a white reflector using the small side amber side lights as the visible turn signals..
I'm thinking that they're clear white lenses.

Last edited:

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Looking at the corner lights. I'm trying to determine whether they are clear lenses, or a blanked out lens with a white reflector using the small side amber side lights as the visible turn signals..
I'm thinking that they're clear white lenses.
I’m thinking the same thing. I guess I’ll keep them amber.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor