Looking for a part or a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadorf90

n00b
Apr 28, 2010
Lawrenceburg, IN
I have a 1985 Monte Carlo ss. I bought it from a guy who let it sit for 15 years. The shifter Cabal broke over time. It is an automatic, with a floor shifter. I was looking for a new one or a way to run a new on, Like using a custom made one. With a linkage sytem or rod. Would a set up for like a pure stock car work?

open to all ideas.
Thanks
Sadorf90

Cables r easy to find cheap . If you have the stuff to try to convert go for it its you car.

The new cable swap would be easy 2 hours max. Where to make a linkage ,install shifter, dial it in to work right will take allot longer.

the sell them at oriellys and autozone for about 15 bucks the hardest part of the job is feeding the cable through the carpet.

Well the autozone here where I live dont have them. But I'll keep looking around.
Thanks again
Sadorf90

Hope to have some pics of it up soon.

sadorf90 said:
Well the autozone here where I live dont have them. But I'll keep looking around.
Thanks again
Sadorf90

Hope to have some pics of it up soon.

Try Advanced Auto. They have it on their website, I just got mine and works and fits perfect. I think it was $28..

Welcome and Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor