Looking for a picture- OE 81 Malibu bucket seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Looking for a good clear pic of the 81 Malibu highback seats, these are the vertical pleats, not the 78-80 with the horizontal stitching. My seat cores are out of something else, so I need a good pic from the front, and one of the backside of the headrest area to help communicate what I want to the upholsterer

Thanks to anybody that can help!

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Not sure if these are clear enough or not Brian....I've got nothing from behind though..

tan pair.JPG

spare tan 1.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I have a set out of a 81' Grand Prix that look just like the ones above, they were the originals so perhaps they shared the same seat design in 81'. I can get pics of the back or whatever else tonight.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I am on the road at the moment, but I believe there are pics in the original sales brochure which I have at home. This is the clearest pic I have on my laptop at the moment

Attachments

• 81 Malibu 3 speed 2.jpg
    81 Malibu 3 speed 2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Here is the best pic I have as well, at least the side of a headrest/partial back.

48952728248_69df3caab2_c.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Thanks guys.

The Pontiac seats have 8 pleats, the Chevs got 7.

I have the brochure pic, it isn't very good.

Kevin, that's good for the front, and I got what I needed for the top/ back from the pics posted by PBGBodyFan and gnvair.

Much obliged to all that posted.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor