Looking for affordable speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kartrac3r

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2008
Kearney, NE
I need the 3 1/2's for the front, and what is it 8 1/2X3 for the back ( I cant remember) for my 87 monte. My 22 yr olds speakers finally gave out. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a good solid replacement. I bought some rampeage speakers 5 yrs ago for my other 87 monte and they didn't last long. What do you all recommend?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, the front speakers are really too small for good sound quality. The rear speakers are 4x10's and can theoretically be made to take 6x9's or 5x8's with some work and/or adapters.

For the fronts, I would try to find a way to put 5.25 or 6.5 in speakers in the doors with either custom lower panels or the rare factory door speaker setup from a Regal. Best sound would be with mid woofers in the doors and tweeters mounted up high.

82cutty

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2008
I buy all my stereo stuff from Crutchfield. They have great prices and ship super fast. You can choose price and brand, much easier than going to a Best Buy Circuit City place.

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I got a set of Pioneers for the dash, the 3 1/2", for around $45 on ebay. I looked around on the internet and they sell everywhere else for over $50. That $45 included shipping also. Sometimes you can get a deal on evilbay. The backs I have adapters for 6x9's and have Pioneers there too. Sounds good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor