Looking for an original jack for my El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Theres a couple of El Caminos at the yard I go to. One on the ground and the other on top of a bus. I'll check the easy one next time I go out there. Maybe next week as long as youre not in a rush.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Theres a couple of El Caminos at the yard I go to. One on the ground and the other on top of a bus. I'll check the easy one next time I go out there. Maybe next week as long as youre not in a rush.
Thanks for responding.
I am still interested in purchasing one but I'm going to hold out for one that is in really good original condition with no rust. Sitting an a NY yard for a long amount of time might make that unlikely. No rush at all either. I guess if you are at the yard in the future anyway, you might just take a peek at them if it isn't too hard to do. But if your judgement says the cars have been open and in the elements, then it may not be worth the effort. Also if the cars are pre-1980, the jacks might be the eariler style bumper jack. I'm not sure exactly what year the change was made.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Thanks for responding.
I am still interested in purchasing one but I'm going to hold out for one that is in really good original condition with no rust. Sitting an a NY yard for a long amount of time might make that unlikely. No rush at all either. I guess if you are at the yard in the future anyway, you might just take a peek at them if it isn't too hard to do. But if your judgement says the cars have been open and in the elements, then it may not be worth the effort. Also if the cars are pre-1980, the jacks might be the eariler style bumper jack. I'm not sure exactly what year the change was made.

Both of the cars are 81 or older. I know that for a fact. The one on top of the bus has closed door windows. I climbed up there one time to peek at the dash but it was shot. Sad thing is they had one there that had a mint dash but they were storing it for a guy. He finally took it home and a month later a huge tree fell on it during a storm and crushed the car. He shoulda sold me the dash !!! LOL

Steve 82 Elly

Greasemonkey
Feb 2, 2020
I'm looking for one that looks like this one. I need the lug wrench and mounting hardware too. Nice condition if possible.

20190521_114033-jpg.128776
Im pretty sure I have all that stuff, spare tire too. I'll dig it out and send pics when I get home from work

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
This is what I've found. No hardware yet, I'll keep looking. The sticker is in good shape, not peeling or anything.
Not too bad from what I can see. A little bit of rust but looks like it wouldn't be that hard to touch up. How about a photo that shows the bottom and other side?

Steve 82 Elly

Greasemonkey
Feb 2, 2020
Not too bad from what I can see. A little bit of rust but looks like it wouldn't be that hard to touch up. How about a photo that shows the bottom and other side?
I think it would clean up real nice. I just tested it and it works as it should.

Attachments

• 20200723_181524.jpg
    20200723_181524.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 271
  • 20200723_181451.jpg
    20200723_181451.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 270
  • 20200723_181503.jpg
    20200723_181503.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 267
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor