Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
nuts :(

let me guess, mac user? Try leaving out apostrophes and quotes and retyping it. silly character set issues. :oops: :evil:

48builder

n00b
Oct 4, 2007
HAHA OK, last time

Newbie here looking for some info. I am building a 1948 Chevy custom street rod. It has been chopped and shortened. It has the complete drive-train from a 1995 Z28. Lt1 engine, transmission, posi rear, etc. I welded in a front clip from an 1987 Grand Prix and made rear mounts for the Z28 trailing arm suspension.

I am trying to figure out what, if any, mods I want to make to the front suspension. I do not want a harsh ride, but I do want it to handle decent. I am considering getting a quick-ratio 800 box and possibly a bigger sway bar from a F41 equipped car. Also plan on poly bushings. My stock GP sway bar measures just under 1.1 inch.

Is there anything else you guys would recommend? Has anybody ever swapped from the 14.4:1 box to the 12.7:1? Would a larger OEM sway bar do anything for me?

Thanks,

Walt

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
in my 86 GP I'm running eibach springs, poly bushings, F41 sway bar, KYB shocks, close ratio box and I have the camber set negative and the car handles real nice and isn't overly stiff when driving at low speeds

dirty joe

Apprentice
Dec 14, 2006
405 okc
i highly recommend the qa1 gm coil-over kits for the front!!!! i have the race series on my 79 gp, and they are awesome. they also make a street version as well. you cant beat it. adj shocks and adj ride height. might be perfect for what you are wanting.

48builder

n00b
Oct 4, 2007
Thanks for the info. I'll check out that coil-over kit.

Any ideas for identifying an F41 equipped car? I am going to head to a local U-pick yard and they have a kabillion G-body cars. I would prefer to find a close-ratio box from a G-body so I dont have to bother swapping the pitman arm. Do you know the diameter of the F41 sway bar?

Walt

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I got my steering box from a Monte SS and I believe the diameter is 1 1/8" for the sway bar...take a look on the truck lid if the RPO codes are still there....that'll tell you everything you want to know

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
They had a bunch of different sway bar diameters....Grand Prixs and Lemans had like 4 or 5 possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor