Looking for Quality shop for Transplant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusher

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2009
Jersey Shore
I currently have a super charged 502 in my Monte. It's about a 90 point show car. I'm looking to put an LS Super Charged motor in. I have a local shop to build my engine but am looking for a quality shop to do the transplant that have done this swap before. I desire to retain my 200r4 non lock up trans if possible. I need a shop to treat this car like I do.

I live at the Central NJ Shore area. Would like a shop as close as possible for obvious reasons. Any suggestions?

Goodluck on finding one and I hope ya dont get ripped off like many others here.

Hey I had Ande Weaver at Diablo Formula Racing swap the LS1 into my 79 Monte back in 2010. He's in Leola, Pennsylvania-the build/website is here: http://www.diabloformularacing.com/ls1_swap_2 I met him on LS1 Tech and towed the Monte from VA to PA to have it done. I was looking for someone that knew what they were doing but weren't going to charge me speed shop prices for labor. Very professional build (I get a lot of compliments on how he did things) and its still going strong til this day. You should check him out.

there are a few shops around here. I know there's a shop in brick on hooper AVe that does some performance stuff. There is a chevy place that does corvettes out in New egypt. There is a proformance in Freehold, and eddy's in sayerville. i'm looking at the shop in freehold or sayerville to build up my 350 olds engine

For the transmission talk to Lonnie at Extreme Automatics (ttyperocket on this forum) or check out his website extremeautomatics.com. He will build and guarantee a 200r-4 to 1000hp.

Thanks, Again I have my drive train but good info to know. What I need is a shop that has experience with LS/G-Body swaps to install it in my Monte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor