Looking on buying a 442 Spoiler wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young0utlaw81Cutlass

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2013
Dallas Tx.
I try to be honest to people so they would be as well but I will not buy from here again had bad experience with a guy here told he had something that he knew it wasn't the right part,Told me a price then changed it in the last minute and i end up with a lost of money all for trying to trust some one ,But Thanks to guys that give they two cents on they opinions.

Ve8r

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2010
I have one on my Cutlass from Lauren engineering. It fit fine. All I had to do was make gaskets where it mounts to the trunk lid.

Reactions: 1 user

83hurst#1812

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 20, 2014
Spring,Tx
I try to be honest to people so they would be as well but I will not buy from here again had bad experience with a guy here told he had something that he knew it wasn't the right part,Told me a price then changed it in the last minute and i end up with a lost of money all for trying to trust some one ,But Thanks to guys that give they two cents on they opinions.

Well that sucks,,sorry that happened to you.....Call them out on here so everyone knows who ****ed ya,,so we all know their business practices

• Agree

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
There are two sides to every story. Ill present my side of the story for what it is worth. Not looking to instigate , just represent my side.

I had what I thought was a used hurst spoiler. Saw this thread and responded as seen in previous posts.

we texted back and forth, I provided pictures, and I mock set up the spoiler on my 84 hurst. The OP agreed to buy it.

when I went to ship the spoiler, the shipping was $20 more expensive that I had expected, so I asked the buyer to cover that extra expense. He did agree to do that, and paid me. I shipped the spoiler.

I also took the time to measure the original mounting point dimensions on my 84 HO, draw them up and provide them to the OP to help in mounting the spoiler. I also posted them on this forum.

after the OP received the spoiler, he texted me (I still have all the texts) to let me know that it did not fit because it was a firebird spoiler - "You know the wing don't fit its from a firebird I could of got one in better shape for less from ebay but I trusted you were selling me a hurst replica now I have to spend more money on to modified it." I responded "I represented it truthfully to the best of my knowledge. If youre not happy with it send it back. When I receive it in the condition it was sent, Ill refund your money less shipping costs. I'm not trying to get over on anyone."

This is where we ran into some disagreement. The OP wanted me to refund money first, then send the spoiler back. I wanted to receive the spoiler back in good condition, then refund the money.

we went back and forth in numerous texts, OP saying why not just buy it back from me that's what I did, and me saying send the wing back and I will refund once I receive it. Eventually I even offered to pay for the return shipping - that way we both assume some loss as the cost of doing business online, and recognize that the deal wasn't what either of us wanted.

So the OP then sent an invoice to me via paypal, for the wing plus shipping. I wasn't going to pay it until I received the wing back, which never materialized.

I suggested the OP start a Paypal resolution so we could work this out. He eventually did, and a hold was placed on the funds from the original transaction. In the paypal dispute, he again asked for his money back, and I again stated that funds would be refunded once I received the wing back.

I never heard another word. The paypal dispute ran its allowed length of time, 20 days maybe? with no additional communications and then automatically was closed by paypal, freeing up the funds for me. The OP never elevated it to paypal for mediation, never communicated anything beyond our impasse, and never returned the wing.

I am an honest person and my reputation personally and professionally is just exactly that.

To the OP, I am sorry this went as it did. its not what I wanted. I did not intentionally misrepresent anything, and gave you every opportunity to return the wing. You chose not to.

Young0utlaw81Cutlass

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2013
Dallas Tx.
Yes I had to throw the wing in my back yard since it was cracked and didn't fit cause it was from a fire bird I thought I was buying a H/O replica like I was told but why spend close to 300$ modifying on a wing when you could just buy a H/O 442 Replica from Lauren Engineering brand new.So that's what i end up doing buying one from there ,So my wing cost 495$ close to 500$ ,305$ from L.E +190$ from a guy here.

Last edited:

Young0utlaw81Cutlass

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2013
Dallas Tx.
There are two sides to every story. Ill present my side of the story for what it is worth. Not looking to instigate , just represent my side.

I had what I thought was a used hurst spoiler. Saw this thread and responded as seen in previous posts.

we texted back and forth, I provided pictures, and I mock set up the spoiler on my 84 hurst. The OP agreed to buy it.

when I went to ship the spoiler, the shipping was $20 more expensive that I had expected, so I asked the buyer to cover that extra expense. He did agree to do that, and paid me. I shipped the spoiler.

I also took the time to measure the original mounting point dimensions on my 84 HO, draw them up and provide them to the OP to help in mounting the spoiler. I also posted them on this forum.

after the OP received the spoiler, he texted me (I still have all the texts) to let me know that it did not fit because it was a firebird spoiler - "You know the wing don't fit its from a firebird I could of got one in better shape for less from ebay but I trusted you were selling me a hurst replica now I have to spend more money on to modified it." I responded "I represented it truthfully to the best of my knowledge. If youre not happy with it send it back. When I receive it in the condition it was sent, Ill refund your money less shipping costs. I'm not trying to get over on anyone."

This is where we ran into some disagreement. The OP wanted me to refund money first, then send the spoiler back. I wanted to receive the spoiler back in good condition, then refund the money.

we went back and forth in numerous texts, OP saying why not just buy it back from me that's what I did, and me saying send the wing back and I will refund once I receive it. Eventually I even offered to pay for the return shipping - that way we both assume some loss as the cost of doing business online, and recognize that the deal wasn't what either of us wanted.

So the OP then sent an invoice to me via paypal, for the wing plus shipping. I wasn't going to pay it until I received the wing back, which never materialized.

I suggested the OP start a Paypal resolution so we could work this out. He eventually did, and a hold was placed on the funds from the original transaction. In the paypal dispute, he again asked for his money back, and I again stated that funds would be refunded once I received the wing back.

I never heard another word. The paypal dispute ran its allowed length of time, 20 days maybe? with no additional communications and then automatically was closed by paypal, freeing up the funds for me. The OP never elevated it to paypal for mediation, never communicated anything beyond our impasse, and never returned the wing.

I am an honest person and my reputation personally and professionally is just exactly that.

To the OP, I am sorry this went as it did. its not what I wanted. I did not intentionally misrepresent anything, and gave you every opportunity to return the wing. You chose not to.
Sorry our Transaction didn't work out but i feel you knew what you were selling me just don't want people like me losing money is hard these days not all people here I'm sure make lots of Money I was trying to save money but end up losing money.So once again Sorry and Thanks for you taking your time on the measurement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor