Looking to bag my Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

__miklo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2013
Virginia
Looking to bag my cutlass. Going to go through suicide doors for a kit. Any pointers or any thing to know going in to it? Right now just looking in to s10 cups and control arms down the line. Any input would be appreciated.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
Check out Ride Tech. They have all bolt on application for our cars. full kits to individual bag, to air ride coil over suspension. price rangeing from $2300 to $ 8000 . im going with a stage one kit with a RidePRO e3 Digital (4 way system) Upgrade. its all bolt in, simple and high quality in my opinion.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/musclecar ... =V283.V328

__miklo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2013
Virginia
There stuff is good. Way over priced though. I know my stuff about companies and products. Been into it a long time. I was more looking towards what i may run in to dong it. Thanks though. Im also not in to performance personally. Im a cruiser. Like a quality set up but some thing based on performance and priced at that not my thing. At 2300 you an get a pretty top notch set up when theres is 8000.

greasy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2013
Beloit, KS
Depends on what u want to do, layout, rake? What tire/wheel combo u planning?

__miklo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2013
Virginia
greasy said:
Depends on what u want to do, layout, rake? What tire/wheel combo u planning?

Thinking about some supremes. Def a 13x7 though. Just planning on cruising having fun with hitting switches.

greasy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2013
Beloit, KS
Well ya s10 a arms tie rods are all the same as g bodies except drag link cause g bodies are wider so s10 drop spindles and a arms will work. Suicide doors make nice products and I have SD uppers n lowers and cups on my car but plan on waiting last time I talked to Jason he was 6months to a year out on a arms cause he's soooo busy. U might look at MMW (michiganmetalworks.com) they make really nice pieces too. I'm gonna use their arms for my dually

__miklo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2013
Virginia
greasy said:
Well ya s10 a arms tie rods are all the same as g bodies except drag link cause g bodies are wider so s10 drop spindles and a arms will work. Suicide doors make nice products and I have SD uppers n lowers and cups on my car but plan on waiting last time I talked to Jason he was 6months to a year out on a arms cause he's soooo busy. U might look at MMW (michiganmetalworks.com) they make really nice pieces too. I'm gonna use their arms for my dually

Yeah. Suicide Doors where Im going to get my bag kit from. I knew about the s10 suspension is the same. For the rear did you use the same cups as the front for the upper spring pocket? That was one thing I was thinking about the other day. Also was looking at R&S Hydraulics air lock ups if you seen them? Air cylinders for the rear to be able to do a sitting 3 wheel.

greasy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2013
Beloit, KS
Ya actually I did use front cups for the rear I had some just sitting around so when I bagged mine I used them, they take a lil cutting but work pretty well I've since then redid the whole rear set up but I'm still using lower cups for my lower mount on my axle....I'll take a pic next chance I get.....

__miklo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2013
Virginia
greasy said:
Ya actually I did use front cups for the rear I had some just sitting around so when I bagged mine I used them, they take a lil cutting but work pretty well I've since then redid the whole rear set up but I'm still using lower cups for my lower mount on my axle....I'll take a pic next chance I get.....

Thanks bro. Every thing good with the drive shaft?

greasy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2013
Beloit, KS
Yes plenty of room at slip yoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor