Look'n for OCD Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKDUP87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 6, 2011
SO.CAL.
I would like to know how you got the fender wells to shine so good with a rattle can????

I'm getting close but do I need to clear coat and buff????

Blueboy84

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2010
Northern Kentucky
Did u check his youtube channel? He may still have some vids up on them.

The dude does it up right. He has no idea how many of us he keeps motivated.

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Lots of sanding and patients lol.. He also uses rustoleum high temp paint which sprays and lays better then some of the other high temp paints. No clear, key is in the prep.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Robert, Interested to see what you think of the rust oleum high heat paint. The dupli-color ceramic I posted you is harder than average spray can stuff, but doesn't lay down well.

BUT, regardless of paint choice , or even how perfect you prepped or sprayed it, colorsanding & buffing is necessary to achieve this level of light reflection from a paint job. You start mastering this skill & the results will be very satisfying.

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
Agreed.. wet sanding and buffing required.
Good little tip Ive been using for a while with rattle cans is soak the cans in hot water for a fiew minutes before you spray (boosts the internal can pressure and makes the paint flow easier and level better)

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
I can tell you that warren did not color sand or buff my wheel wells in the pic above

thrasher

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2013
Go to a paint shop that supplies professional painters.
They can put GOOD PAINT of your choice into a rattle can for you.

the ghoul said:
Good little tip Ive been using for a while with rattle cans is soak the cans in hot water for a fiew minutes before you spray (boosts the internal can pressure and makes the paint flow easier and level better)

That does work

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor