lost all electric power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlass383

Master Mechanic
Nov 24, 2009
Oklahoma City
Ok guys im at a total lost rite now, going down the freeway and my cutlass lost all electric power. Nothing comes on. i found a bundle of wire coming out of the A/C box that got melted on my headers, so i pretty sure thats where the short happened. I wanted to kniw if there is a main fuse for the whole car and where i can find it. does anybody have any idea where i can start with this problem?

Not a fuse but a fusible link that is on the big red wires down at the starter solenoid. It's really just a short length of wire several gauges smaller than the red wires, so they blow first. They are there to save the hot feeds for the whole car so it doesn't catch fire, so don't just bypass them, replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor