Lots of play in my steering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought everything to rebuild the front end from my local parts store. I got play in my steering on my new car so will be doing this to it too. if your replacing the tie rod ends measure from tie rod end to tie rodend. Then assemble the new ones to the same width. That way they are close to original and you can drive the car to the alignment shop.

Thanks for the advice. I simply replaced the idler arm and it made a significant improvement. The rag joint does have some slop in it as well. I've purchased a jeep shaft from the jy, but I'm considering a steering box upgrade while I'm tearing it apart.

The car I have my eye on is a late 80's camaro. It has the big sway bar, no engine but I'm guessing it's a v8 car.

Now my question: can I use the coil springs, sway bar, and steering box off this car?

It would great if I could get the sporty feel of the camaro in place of the 79 cutlass supreme feel. I'm also interested if these coil springs will bring the car up a little. I'd like to gain about a half inch.

I can get all these parts for under a 100 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor