lowered the elco and the tires rub terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
iroc rims came in two different off sets per vehicle. the front rims (yes they are labeled front and rear on the inside spoke) have a 0 offset. while the rears have a 16mm positive off set, meaning they sit in (closer to the frame) 16mm or 5/8". which rims are on the front? if you have a set of "rear" rims, try one on the front. but i'll warn you now, "rear" rims on the front may rub on the tie rods.

I run 3rd gen "rears" in front on my cars and run 255/50R16's. I filed the tie rod corners round with a grinder for wheel clearance and that worked.

225/60R16's are a little taller than stock. 235/55R16's might be a better choice.

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
50 series or smaller for 16inch wheels won't rub unless your suspension is messed up. I run 225/50/16 on my el camino with no rubbing.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I trimmed my inner fenders about 3-4" in from the lip. Actually, it clearances itself. Then, I rolled the lip with a hammer. Have you driven it? I was bottoming the front tires against the tops of the fenderwells. You may have to trim the inner fenders, too.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
A little update . tonight I ditched the inner fenders. No rub until it turns then it hits,bad.i tried some 15x7 rallies I had. No rub. So there is my answer I guess. Anyone want to buy some iroc wheels?

You got rid of your inner fenders? Seems like extreme overkill and a lot of work. You should've just went back to stock spindles and forgot about your nose rubbing along the ground.

Good enough:

Attachments

• IMG_1628.jpg
    IMG_1628.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor