Lowering my 60ft ?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonteMan1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2007
Hudson MA
My name is Devin im new to the gbody forum, I have a 87 Monte SS, street/strip car, it has a 355 sbc 304 rwhp, 324 ftlbs torq,The car runs pretty consistant 13.37 @ 105.98
The car is a stock suspenion chassis, have a 8.5 gn rear with 3:42's and a TH-350 trans with a 2500 stall. The car weighs in at 3500lbs with me in it.

Just wondering if anyone out there has any tips on gettin my et's down and also lowering my 60ft which currently is a 2.0.

I know that running a good suspenion set up will help, so if anyone has any feedback or parts that you would recomend, or any other Ideas of lowering my 60ft with out putting a huge dent in my bank account, would be greatly appreciated. you contact me threw my email [email protected] thanks

hotrod86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 19, 2007
ft madison iowa
i would start with a good drag radial or slick. then possibly some 90/10 shocks on the front and some 50/50's on the rear. that should help you out of the hole as long as engine etc... are running well

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
What tires are you running? If those ET's are on street tires you're doing good!

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
MonteMan1987 said:
My name is Devin im new to the gbody forum, I have a 87 Monte SS, street/strip car, it has a 355 sbc 304 rwhp, 324 ftlbs torq,The car runs pretty consistant 13.37 @ 105.98
The car is a stock suspenion chassis, have a 8.5 gn rear with 3:42's and a TH-350 trans with a 2500 stall. The car weighs in at 3500lbs with me in it.

Just wondering if anyone out there has any tips on gettin my et's down and also lowering my 60ft which currently is a 2.0.

I know that running a good suspenion set up will help, so if anyone has any feedback or parts that you would recomend, or any other Ideas of lowering my 60ft with out putting a huge dent in my bank account, would be greatly appreciated. you contact me threw my email [email protected] thanks
Welcome! I would recommend some Moroso springs for the front and back and 90/10 drag shocks for the front, 50/50 drag shocks for the back,Maybe a set of south side machine lift bars for the rear end. Also a set of BF Goodrich drag radials should stick real good. You could also put the battery in the trunk over the right rear tire. Sounds like a real nice street machine. Looking forward to seeing pictures. Good luck on the et and 60ft times.

79LT1Monte

Apprentice
Nov 25, 2007
Moscow Mills, Missouri
UMI performance makes relocation brackets for your rear lower control arms, giving you a better instant center of gravity. Garaunteed better 60 foot times!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor