MONTE CARLO Lowering springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmike4139

n00b
Jan 9, 2023
I got 79 mc
Just got new 14x7 wires and I want to lower it mostly for appearance.so will I have any clearance issues with a two inch drop?and are the BMR Springs a quality product?and lastly do need to get new shocks with the springs even though they’re 45years old only 39000 miles on them.thank you

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
I don't know if you'll have to replace the shocks or not but you'll have to pull the socks to put the springs in so test them while they are out. I assume BMR is a good quality but personally I don't know.

I don't think clearance will be an issue but check around your tires now and see how much clearance you currently have.

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
I would say your already in there removing the shocks to replace the springs might as well replace all 4 shocks with new all the way around while your at it. Mileage is not bad at all, but 45 year old shocks are gonna have issues, seals/bushings are rubber and after 45 years I am sure you will feel a much better ride quality on new shocks and springs. As for the 2 inch drop and clearance, shouldn't be an issue on 14x7s. I am assuming your running reverse offset correct? Lots of guys running 2 inch drops on 13x7s on a 155/80R13 or 520s. Can't speak to BMR spring quality however.

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
If you are replacing shocks I recommend Bilstein. I do have Hotchkis lowering springs on my car and I'm very happy with them.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor