Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Either way, it's too much of a PITA

Driveshafts
Cross Member
ECM changes
Programming changes
Your shifter is for a 4spd, now you have 6, do the detents line up? Can you even put it in 6th?
Does the transfer case from a 60e bolt to a 6l?
Wiring harness changes
Trans cooler line changes

Yes, the computer is in the trans, but there are other differences

the 6l80 plug is on the left, a 4l60 is on the right.

1693315601957.png

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Transfer case would need changed over to a 32 spline input. I'd be all in for this swap myself, the 4L60 gearing is absolutely miserable especially when paired with a 5.3. I wouldn't want to have to round it all up in a hurry though, piecing it together over time is much preferred for me.

Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
so, the seller was one of those on CL "oh, I need to remove the ad I sold it a month ago"...... but meanwhile I did find an informative video that helps determine whuch particular years may be interchangeable. this one showed the # of pins on the harness connector so Immediately I knew that would be an issue

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor