LS Swap Auto City Radiator

85Regal801

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2022
So I’m looking to swap my universal radiator with one fan for a bigger one with 2 fans and a shroud. I’ve been looking at this one. Any input? Never had an auto city rad before just wanna make sure it’ll do the job

Attachments

• IMG_8884.png
    IMG_8884.png
    7 MB · Views: 75

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
So I’m looking to swap my universal radiator with one fan for a bigger one with 2 fans and a shroud. I’ve been looking at this one. Any input? Never had an auto city rad before just wanna make sure it’ll do the job
Look into what your cfm of the fans are and compare it with the one you run now. If the one fan is just making it or not at all, make sure you increase or double the cfm amount. Also look at how thick the core is of the radiator. If it matches or is thicker than what you have -it’s better.
As far as the company or quality, that I can’t tell you. If not getting much information ,google the reviews from multiple sources. And if you do go for it, add the information here in the tech section!! We are always looking for information and if good ,bad, indifference to work with.
You may want to check the tech section if you haven’t pulled the trigger yet!

Last edited:

85Regal801

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2022
Look into what your cfm of the fans are and compare it with the one you run now. If the one fan is just making it or not at all, make sure you increase or double the cfm amount. Also look at how thick the core is of the radiator. If it matches or is thicker than what you have -it’s better.
As far as the company or quality, that I can’t tell you. If not getting much information ,google the reviews from multiple sources. And if you do go for it, add the information here in the tech section!! We are always looking for information and if good ,bad, indifference to work with.
You may want to check the tech section if you haven’t pulled the trigger yet!
The one on it came with car and I can’t find any info on it. When they were tuning it the tuner recommended a new radiator with 2 fans and shroud since mine is smaller and has one fan and no shroud

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Never heard of them before. Can't say good or bad. I'm using a stock Fbody 93-97 radiator and fans on my LS swap. Has worked great. For several years now

Reactions: 2 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Other than a short run time on mine with a semi- built up 350 ,am doing the same. Has plastic tanks and is for an A/C motored car. Unless you are running something of higher HP. Worst case call the actual manufacturer and ask them questions. The sales company will tell you anything you want to make a sale, unless it’s a reputable company. One of the sponsors at the bottom of the page or Jegs,Summit…

85Regal801

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2022
Other than a short run time on mine with a semi- built up 350 ,am doing the same. Has plastic tanks and is for an A/C motored car. Unless you are running something of higher HP. Worst case call the actual manufacturer and ask them questions. The sales company will tell you anything you want to make a sale, unless it’s a reputable company. One of the sponsors at the bottom of the page or Jegs,Summit…
Thanks for the input just decided on going with the champion 3 row

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor