ls swap iron block 5.7 frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvaro

n00b
Jul 12, 2015
new here so im looking for ideas I have 80 cutlass there was a buick 430 when I bought off craigslist but going the ls route looks like the previous owner had the mounts bolted and welded in there a bunch of holes already my thing is what and how are you prepping the frame for new mounts ??? and are or is any one reinforceing ??

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
new here so im looking for ideas I have 80 cutlass there was a buick 430 when I bought off craigslist but going the ls route looks like the previous owner had the mounts bolted and welded in there a bunch of holes already my thing is what and how are you prepping the frame for new mounts ??? and are or is any one reinforceing ??

Spend some time searching on LS1tech.com It has been done a gazillion times.
Buy aftermarket engine mounts for LS into a G body and use MCSS frame pads. There are many suppliers including Dirty Dingo, Hooker, etc. etc. You can buy new frame mounts at your local parts store cheap.

Alvaro

n00b
Jul 12, 2015
Spend some time searching on LS1tech.com It has been done a gazillion times.
Buy aftermarket engine mounts for LS into a G body and use MCSS frame pads. There are many suppliers including Dirty Dingo, Hooker, etc. etc. You can buy new frame mounts at your local parts store cheap.
Mcss frame pads cool thanks I'll look into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor