ls swapped monte carlo cant get air to blow through the vents.

johnnunez29

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2022
So i wasnt getting any air at all and took a cable from battery to the blower motor,it was dead. Just got the new one in and it works. BUT i cant get air though my vents only up top and down low. im in florida so i will NOT be running heat at all. i have gone through several old threads on here in regards to this and am aware of a valve that goes on the back of the ac control tha typically loses vacuum. i took that apart and cleaned it well. its not broken and seems to have gone together fairly tight,
i connected the purple/pink wire in engine bay to the vacuum block but the grey hose (supposed to be heater) is not connected.
also the flap that opens to the vents in the middle was pretty stuck shut, is that door vacuum operated? thats a pretty heavy piece to lift if so. Any help is much appreciated want to make sure this all works before i add in freon.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor