ls1-transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu507

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 12, 2008
I plan on putting a ls1 engine in my malibu will a older 4l60e transmission 1994. Work with newer engine like in the 2000 to 2005 year..

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
There is some difference I believe in the torque convertor or/and flex plate. I would check with a transmission guy or someone that knows for sure, though. :wink:

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
im not 100% sure on this, but i don't believe there's a problem. you would probably have to get the updated converter, but IIRC the 4l60 was in use through the LS years.

malibu507

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 12, 2008
Good info forgot about torque converter was more worried about elec.end like plugs and stuff

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
megaladon6 said:
im not 100% sure on this, but i don't believe there's a problem. you would probably have to get the updated converter, but IIRC the 4l60 was in use through the LS years.

They did use them, but at some point changed the case. The newer style case has a 360* bellhousing. IIRC the older style will work but you will only end up using 5 of the six bolts. I belive there was some complications with the convertor as well, but don't remember any specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor