{{{{{{{{{{{{ LS2 or LS3 }}}}}}}}}}

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol yea cars aint cheap i was lookin at a ls2 from a tbss for 4500 should of got it.. found a ls3 for 3300 might take that over the ls1 for 2800.. plus atleast 1500 for a trans :bs:

Like I said above, your paying $2800 for the LS1 RPO code. The 6.0's are by far a better bang for the buck especially since all Gen III LS heads interchange. You have to figure out what fuel tank you'll need to use, what trans, what converter, spark controller whether it be an MSD unit or a GM PCM.

king-david said:
I just Spun a bearing in the LS2 in my Trailblazer SS... let me just say its costing me a couple G-bodies to fix... Its usually a pretty strong block, but when it goes bad... whew..

damn thats sucks. i hope dude peeped what you and i said.

yea i was thinkin iron but 3300 for the 2010 L99 with 2500 miles sounds really GOOD and mechanic said he can tune out the bullshit pistons turning off to save fuel so itll be a regular ls3 cus thats why i want a v8 or i would buy a civic anyway still just ideas so the more i look on this forum and around will decide what power plant goes in this mali :idea:

:notworthy:

I'm not real familiar with the L99 but it does have cam phasing so that's gonna need a special camshaft, I am not sure if it has displacement on demand though, if it does you'll just need to replace the lifters with non DoD ones in the cylinders that shut off.

yea he said i have to swap the cam, sprocket, lifters, retainers, push rods ect.. i mean for 3300 i feel is a good deal just not goin to like the 20 hours of driving.. im undecided at the moment but i want a ls in this malibu asap :mrgreen:

FYI... the LS2 replacement in my TBSS total price was 7200$.. Just something to take ointo consideration..

I'm gonna jump on this bandwagon... Looking at an LS3 for my 1979 Monte. Seaching the forum for this kind of info. Trying to learn from others! Updates???

You might want to check out my build thread on Pro-Touring.com:
http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.p ... libu-Wagon!

This was a pretty high-buck build...LS3 with the hot cam (480hp out of the crate), new GM trans, convertor, controllers, full BRP/Musclerods swap kit and long tubes...but the main thing I'd emphasize to anyone contemplating one of these swaps is that getting the engine, and installing it in the car, is the cheap and easy part. Wiring, programming, fuel system plumbing, cooling system mods (none of your existing hoses work), power steering hoses, accessory drives, oil pans, exhaust mods, driveshaft modifications, air conditioning...all of it adds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor