LSX Stand-Alone Harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylarkul

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2013
Justin, Texas
I'm gathering parts for installing an 06 Corvette LS2 in my 83 El Camino. I have the engine, transmission and ECM but, no wiring harness. The engine came with all the accessories and, I'm planning to use the stock fuel injection. I'm looking for sources for a stand-alone harness and re-flashing the ECM. I will be running a 4L60E transmission and would like to keep cruise control. Any recommendations for sources and, your impressions of the quality of their product(s) and customer service will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Les

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Go to your nearest LKQ and pull an ECM with harness from a late model LS equipped truck. They have a 50% off sale over the Thanksgiving holiday and you can get this stuff CHEAP. You can mod the harness yourself and customize wire lengths for your application. If you're looking for a turn key solution, there are many out there. Personally, I enjoy this type of work and wouldn't pay someone to make a stand alone harness that likely needs to be modified for a custom install anyway. You may want to spend some time reading on LStech.com. Everything you need is there.

skylarkul

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2013
Justin, Texas
I already have the engine ECM and pedal out of an 06 Vette but, no harness. I know - at least some of - my limitations and, this is one. I have no problem with the mechanical of the swap but, when it's installed and I turn the key, I want it to run just like when it was in the Vette.

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
Check out Speartech or hotwireauto, never used either but heard good things about Speartech.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I talked to Bill a while back to have him rework my harness for a good price! http://www.bp-automotive.com/ I decided to rework my original harness and a fuse box using this website http://lt1swap.com/ which along with other sources was about a weeks worth of reworking my harness and fusebox, I even used my battery charger to test the harness! not too bad seeing as I suck at electrical I even learned how to properly solder and heat shrink wires! When I took my ride to get it state certified the referee complimented on how sanitary my harness was! :mrgreen:

skylarkul

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2013
Justin, Texas
Unfortunately, I don't have a harness to re-work so, I'm going to have one built. I talked to CBM and it looks like about $1050 for the harness and having the ECM re-flashed. What was your impression of (Bill) @ BP? Just looking at their web site, it looks like they would be about $200 cheaper . I'll give him a call .

Thanks

skylarkul

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2013
Justin, Texas
I miss-read his post. Actually, it's $1100. $850 for the harness and $250 for the ECM re-flash. The TCM re-flash is included in the harness price but, it's $200 if you get it done stand-alone.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
Bro..go to http://www.psiconversion.com/. You can get a standalone harness for around $500-600. Just give them a call and they will get you right. All this $1000 or more for a harness just made me earl...Thank me later!

Also Brendan from lt1swap.com flashed my PCM for $65-70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor