LSx Swap Parts Database

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for posting the photos. Can't see them in the thumbnails, but they're fine when you expand them. I appreciate the help. Did you use stock type exhaust manifolds?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I can see the pics as well if I open the thumbnails.

Looks like you have the same amount of clearance issue with the low hanging oil pan that I have. Be careful if you’re much below stock ride height. I’ve rubbed mine twice and the pan has the love rub marks to prove it.

Reactions: 1 user

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
Thanks for posting the photos. Can't see them in the thumbnails, but they're fine when you expand them. I appreciate the help. Did you use stock type exhaust manifolds?
Hooker headers for G body. Thery are not Z bar friendly. I had to dogleg the bar enough to have fab up my own adjustment rod. A few aborted attempts before coming up with what I have. I'm not sure if it works yet. Seems to have full throw, but till it's running...

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
I can see the pics as well if I open the thumbnails.

Looks like you have the same amount of clearance issue with the low hanging oil pan that I have. Be careful if you’re much below stock ride height. I’ve rubbed mine twice and the pan has the love rub marks to prove it.
I think it has a two inch drop between the spindles and springs. Unfortunately I can't claim the build. I bought the car as a "finished" roller. I couldn't have afforded it with the running gear it had.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I'm going to put a 5.3l with transmission on my 84 Cutlass, I need some help on what I need.
Allow me....

Shocked Bad News GIF

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I'm going to put a 5.3l with transmission on my 84 Cutlass, I need some help on what I need.
This swap has been done thousands of time, and each time was ever so slightly different than the last. Pick your route, plan on a few hiccups, and plan on reading so much your brain hurts from an overload of knowledge. Then there is still a chance you'll make your own route and have to figure out a particular problem yourself because either no one has done it before, or you can't find the one person that has and ask them.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor