Mail order rollcage fitments ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
Hey everyone, some of you may be firmiliar with my 2 door wagon build. I'm getting ready to setup for a cage. I don't have a bender yet and most likely won't be able to afford one for a bit yet. I'm just curious if any of you have a pre bent kit from s&w, jegster, or comp engineering? How do they fit. At they bent to follow the door channels and a pillars tight? Any one have pics? My biggest pet peave is a cage you can see the main hoop Infront of the door post b pillar and hanging rearward of the kick panel by the foot well. I do have a friend with a bender but I'm not able to take the car there to weld on so it would be very strung out one bar at a time type deal with 20 miles between us. Any recommendations? I will have to make the rear section of the cage obviously but I'm just looking to get the main hoop, Halo and a pillars that are tight

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I have found most of the main hoops (from different suppliers) fit pretty good. I used an S&W kit but bent the down bars to follow the sail panel, go through the packaging tray, stay to the outside of the rear deck springs and catch the frame behind the rear wheel. It kept my rear seat usable and the trunk open. I've been called back to tech at a few tracks for not having a cage. Couple of pic's on G body of the month.

83 regal 019.jpg

IMG_4441.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
I have found most of the main hoops (from different suppliers) fit pretty good. I used an S&W kit but bent the down bars to follow the sail panel, go through the packaging tray, stay to the outside of the rear deck springs and catch the frame behind the rear wheel. It kept my rear seat usable and the trunk open. I've been called back to tech at a few tracks for not having a cage. Couple of pic's on G body of the month.

View attachment 62537
View attachment 62538
I appreciate the pics and info on where your main hoop came from. I'm build a 2 door wagon so anything behind themain hoop will have to be custom. That's a very clean install tho and what I'm looking for when I do my wagon. I would like to still have useable space I'll be doing a 12 PT cage Tho

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Here is a couple of pic's of my Sonoma project and it might give you some ideas as to how to keep the front down bars close to the pillars so it doesn't obstruct your view of the tree and you might want to x your doors and still keep it easy to get into.

IMG_5410.JPG

IMG_5441.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
Here is a couple of pic's of my Sonoma project and it might give you some ideas as to how to keep the front down bars close to the pillars so it doesn't obstruct your view of the tree and you might want to x your doors and still keep it easy to get into.

View attachment 62541
View attachment 62542
Th

View attachment 62541
View attachment 62542
That would be cert for 8.5 and higher without funny car cage correct. I have a 2015 manual and have read thru several times(it's been a while and have since lost with the move) just not real confident in what is to interpret I know it says main hoop needs to be 1 5/8 or bigger I see alot of road race cages built out of 1.5. I'm thinking about buying a main hoop and Halo and building the rest peice by peice just not sure how anal they are at tech with tube size and wether ews is legal or Dom is needed and what size tube is needed as I'm a big guy and would like a very tightly tucked cage for the most room. I plan to drive it alot

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I have used the S&W cage and would or will again. It might be worth it to give them a call, I know I went with S&W because they offered door bars to clear G-body door panels.

Some of that hoop placement ends up being where you tie it to the frame the actual shape of the door openings and that it is required to be a within certain distance from the driver's head/helmet.

Might also ask some wagon guys, that is guys with wagons that have cages...what they used or what they would have done different.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
If you are going for a chassis cert make sure you buy the proper thickness & dia for what ever tube your using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor