BUILD THREAD Maliblu

How much work was it to get that trans to fit? I’m sure it’s real tight and probably needed some tunnel relief. I’m liking the 6 speeds.
Your set up looks nice.

How much work was it to get that trans to fit? I’m sure it’s real tight and probably needed some tunnel relief. I’m liking the 6 speeds.
Your set up looks nice.
It did fit without total modifications. However I could not get the driveline angle where I wanted it / should be. So I did make some tunnel modifications. I've seen other people install them without the modifications so I don't know if they're just going with an incorrect driveline angle or if they mounted their engine a little differently? It's really only tight at the top and back of the transmission. Everywhere else it fits really nice.

Reactions: SS_Malibu
I’m an old school guy however, if LS was to be an option someday, 6.0/6L80 would be the way to go. It’s a stronger trans and 6 gears.
Nice job!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor