Malibu El camino front air dam questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
What about when you have one of these?

IMG_20180706_062227.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've had one of those on my car. They work well...and also direct air to cool the brakes.
I'll probably end up putting it back on the car.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I'd like to gently disagree with Donovan. I think the low pressure area happens behind the air dam, pulling the hot air through the radiator and down under the car as it sails along. I think that's the point of a splitter, to create a low pressure area under the car, increasing down force on the front end.

I have captured two of the SS urethane air dams over the years, both in 'meh' condition...some rework will be required...I'd like to confirm that the black plastic part is still used when one of SS dams is there, so I know what to install when the cars go back on the road.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
it's to bad JT RACESHOP (TNT for those of you)isn't making parts anymore,he made a nice air dam back in the day.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I'm curious myself. Obviously my car didn't come with the SS dam on it. Matter of fact the black dam was missing when I go it. No overheating issues though with a stock three core brass radiator and LT1 electric fans.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'd like to gently disagree with Donovan. I think the low pressure area happens behind the air dam, pulling the hot air through the radiator and down under the car as it sails along. I think that's the point of a splitter, to create a low pressure area under the car, increasing down force on the front end.

I have captured two of the SS urethane air dams over the years, both in 'meh' condition...some rework will be required...I'd like to confirm that the black plastic part is still used when one of SS dams is there, so I know what to install when the cars go back on the road.

Thanks for the correction Quinn.
That’s actually what I meant, I just worded it wrong.
At 7 in the morning the brain isn’t quite functioning at full capacity yet...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor