Malibu on 18s! *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumoBu

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2010
So after endless bs and delays from ups I finally got my wheels!

Wheels are Boss 338s. 18x8 and 18x9.5, 4.5" bs in the front, 5" bs in the rear

Tires are Michelin pilot sport PS2 245/40 front, Michelin pilot sport a/s plus 275/40 rear.

100_1958.jpg

100_1957-2.jpg

100_1955.jpg

100_1954.jpg

Conan-64

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Southeastern PA.
VERY VERY NICE. well worth the wait imo. 2 thumbs up :D

what size are the tires?

87MC_SS

Apprentice
Aug 27, 2010
Pueblo, CO
CLEAN!! I love Malibu's.. LET TRADE!! lol

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice clean looking ride. The wheels look great. I'm usually not a big fan of anything more than 17's, but the 18's look right on your car. Plus they're more of a traditional looking style. 8)
How's the clearance with the 5" backspace in the rear? I know it can get rather close with anything more than a 4.5 bs. Are you using wheel spacers?

SumoBu

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2010
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm real happy with the wheels, and the Michelins stick like glue.

Longroof79 said:
Nice clean looking ride. The wheels look great. I'm usually not a big fan of anything more than 17's, but the 18's look right on your car. Plus they're more of a traditional looking style. 8)
How's the clearance with the 5" backspace in the rear? I know it can get rather close with anything more than a 4.5 bs. Are you using wheel spacers?

I heard alot of conflicting opinions when it came to what bs works on our cars but I have no issues with this setup. I'm not running spacers although I have a set of 5/16" I might run up front just to push the wheels out a lil for looks sake. As far as the rear goes though I have just a hair under 1/2" between the rim/tire and the frame. However the tire just barely touches the inner fender lip with three of my buddies standing on the back bumper. Probably wont ever compress the suspension that much under normal conditions but I'm going to roll the fenders just for peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor