Malibu on 18s! *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Looks Awesome!! i would drop it a inch or two if possible.. 8)

SumoBu

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2010
85GPLef41 said:
Yea my plan is to drop it an inch in the rear and 1.5 to 2" in the front, all springs and stock spindles.

SumoBu

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2010
monte7carlo9 said:
Those wheels look perfect on your Malibu! Yeah I would roll the fender lips just in case also.
I dig the look of your car too. Nice to see another member from the good ol evergreen state. Where exactly you from? I'm in Puyallup and have only seen a hand full of g-bodys around here.

jrm81bu said:
Looks good!!! Gives me an idea of what mine is soon to look like.
Thanks! Wish we were in the same boat. I'm torn between supercharging my current 355 and doin a muncie swap or doin a ls swap and puttin the 355 in my jeep.

455rocket

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2011
PA
Great lookin car! Those wheels are just enough.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
SumoBu said:
jrm81bu said:
Looks good!!! Gives me an idea of what mine is soon to look like.
Thanks! Wish we were in the same boat. I'm torn between supercharging my current 355 and doin a muncie swap or doin a ls swap and puttin the 355 in my jeep.

Well while the supercharger sure is a lot of fun, if I were starting from scratch, I would go the LSx route. that will most likely be my next engine choice, unless a Procharger comes along first.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
SumoBu said:
85GPLef41 said:
Yea my plan is to drop it an inch in the rear and 1.5 to 2" in the front, all springs and stock spindles.

I'm torn between 17's and 18's right now. Do you think your current set-up would tuck if you drop it and roll the fenders?

Did you have any issues with the center caps clearing the dust caps up front? I was looking into these wheels awhile ago and avoided them because the early versions supposedly had issues with this.

SumoBu

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2010
G-Body_Vet said:
SumoBu said:
85GPLef41 said:

I'm torn between 17's and 18's right now. Do you think your current set-up would tuck if you drop it and roll the fenders?

Did you have any issues with the center caps clearing the dust caps up front? I was looking into these wheels awhile ago and avoided them because the early versions supposedly had issues with this.

When it tucked with my buddies standin on the bumper the tire just barely came into contact with the inner fender lip
so I'm pretty sure it would tuck no prob with rolled fenders and dropped a bit. I'll take a pic of it tucked once I have someone to stand on the bumper again.

The center caps clear just fine though. I've heard that most 78-81 cars have minimally shorter dust caps and then they changed a little in 82 so they could be shared with S10's. Once again don't quote me on that its just what I've heard. Even if the dust caps did hit the center caps I don't think it would be so much that a quick whack with a hammer wouldn't solve the issue.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
SumoBu said:
The center caps clear just fine though. I've heard that most 78-81 cars have minimally shorter dust caps and then they changed a little in 82 so they could be shared with S10's. Once again don't quote me on that its just what I've heard. Even if the dust caps did hit the center caps I don't think it would be so much that a quick whack with a hammer wouldn't solve the issue.

It was actually an S10 forum where I read about the wheel issue. But if they're good to go on your car, I'll take your word for it. People even tried dinging the dust cap with a hammer and it supposedly didn't help with the early wheels.

daveybtv

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2011
Buffalo NY
That Looks awesome, I just orderd the same wheels, did you ever lower it? And do you think a 285/40/18 would fit in the wheel well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor