Malibu Owners Sound Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Most of the people on this website already know about my 1980 Malibu Classic. What other malibu owners are on this website?

Nov08047.jpg

Nov08049.jpg

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
me, info in sig

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I've got one. Rockin' a firebreathing 267 V8, th350, and some lazy highway gears. Still got a consistant 20 mpg, even after 225K miles.

It's a good example of just how hard winters can be on a G-body.
I don't know whether I should keep rebuilding it so I can keep bombing it around, or if I should back half it and build a drag car...
I should probably just send it to the junkyard, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

normal_DSCF0842.JPG

P.S. That huge slick on the driveway is all the PSF it leaked. By the time I stopped driving it in August, I had to fill it every other day. The parking lot at work looks just as bad... :lol:

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Blake442 said:
P.S. That huge slick on the driveway is all the PSF it leaked. By the time I stopped driving it in August, I had to fill it every other day. The parking lot at work looks just as bad... :lol:

Burn out pad!!!

I dont own a Malibu, but if I got another G body it would be one. Ive always loved the looks of those cars.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I love those malibu wagons. I spoke to my auto shop teacher over here at my high school cause he has an 82 malibu wagon sitting in the cage over there and the body is straight, but of course thats our lovely texas weather for you. Its a 6 banger, but you can do so much with those wagons and, to me, they have the best look of any station wagon. So I would say keep your wagon and fix it up. Those can also make great sleepers on the street cause no one expects a station to do much of anything. :twisted: 8)

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
See below.....

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
4-door guy here.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
blake the wagon is too far gone you should just part it out to me :lol: J/K hell no build a sleeper. But wagons are family cars they cant be fast :roll:

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
SLICK79WGN said:
blake the wagon is too far gone you should just part it out to me :lol:

Sad thing is, that the only parts worth salvaging if I were to part it out are the front bumper, header panel, window trim, headliner and tailgate. Everything else is either so rotten or worn out, the rest of the parts wouldn't be much of an improvement for anybody's car... :lol:

Either way, I need to rebuild the front suspension. So I can do that and fix the frame again and a few other things so I can keep bombing it as my work/winter beater, or, I can strip the interior, back half the car, fix the rockers, get some clean doors and a 'glass front clip, drop in a nice rowdy small block and go racing!

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Present. I'm growing tired of this pic but its the best I have. Hopefully the weather will get better and I can get the new seats in and get some new pics.
100_0181.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor