Malibu Owners Sound Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chickenbone

Apprentice
Apr 25, 2008
NJ
Do former owners count? Going on two years now since I sold this car. I have suffered from seller's remorse since the day I watched it drive away. Especially now since I just installed the vacuum reservoir in my S-10 that was in the Malibu when I first bought it. I believe the car is a cube of crushed steel right now :cry: .

ChevelleMalibu.jpg

CVMalibu.jpg

Malibuengine2.jpg

Chickenbone

Chickenbone

Apprentice
Apr 25, 2008
NJ
Blake442 said:
.....or if I should back half it and build a drag car...

Do eet. You won't be sorry. I wish I had the room to do that here. I woulda kept my car and did the same thing.

Chickenbone

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
elcamino02.jpg

Here's mine. This is what it looks like now, but things are changing. The front suspension and tires are going on my S10 and I'm turning the bu into a street/bracket car.

Chickenbone

Apprentice
Apr 25, 2008
NJ
Nice car and nice buckets!!!

Chickenbone

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I've been wanting to get one of those front spoilers just like that along with a front and rear tucked bumper. But most of my funds are going towards my 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner.

Nov08074.jpg

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
itsnotanova said:
elcamino02.jpg

Here's mine. This is what it looks like now, but things are changing. The front suspension and tires are going on my S10 and I'm turning the bu into a street/bracket car.

havent seen that car in a while, forgot how sweet that lookes, it almost looks like a 2000 style car almost. i like that alot.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
Thanks Guys! I think the tucked bumpers on malibu's and el camino make them look soooo much better looking. Plus you can loose at least a 100lbs at the same time. Win, Win IMO. There's a few people who sell the front but I only know of one guy on Ebay who sells the back. That's what worries me about the economy more than anything. This hobby is made possible by individuals like him and I sure hope they make it through these tough times

Cutlass3800

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2009
itsnotanova said:
There's a few people who sell the front but I only know of one guy on Ebay who sells the back.

Do you remember the sellers ID? Does the install require fiberglassing either cover to the body?

Aug 15, 2007
long island ny
Here is my 1981 Malibu. It will be powered by a 91 L98 355 with a stealth ram, Edelbrock heads, 4l60 trans 7.5 3.42 alburn diff with 28 spline axles Centerline cobra 17x8 245/45/17 17x9.5 285/40/17 just some of the stuff that will be done

Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor