Malibu suspension/wheel setup questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sik_malibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2013
I know that there has been multiple fitment, wheel/tire, suspension threads, but I everything I found couldn't really answer all the questions I had.
I have a 79 Malibu and I am looking to drop it more than the average 2-3 inch drop that it seems most guys do.
I am on a fairly tight budget, so I am not looking to spend a ton of money. I want to tuck both the front and the rear tires.
This will not be my daily driver, so drivability/ride quality isn't a massive deal to me, but I will take it out on the weekends so it has to drive reasonably well.
My next questions is rims. I was going to get some soft 8s, but I have seen the corvette rallys and I am starting to like those more. What would be the pros/cons of each style rim?

Also, I found this Malibu and I pretty much fell in love, could anyone tell me the suspension setup on it or if you are running something similar, how did you achieve that stance? (link is below)
http://s153.photobucket.com/user/gmoney ... 2.jpg.html

Thanks for any help I can get!

Josh Hanna

Greasemonkey
Feb 3, 2013
Coral Spings FL
i would go with the 7s on the rally wheels, and drop spindles and springs would be the way to go :mrgreen:

sik_malibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2013
Josh Hanna said:
i would go with the 7s on the rally wheels, and drop spindles and springs would be the way to go :mrgreen:
Thanks for the advice, I planned on going that way with the front, however I have yet to see a spring that would drop the rear enough without going with coilovers.

sik_malibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2013
Does anyone have a similar stance to that of that car I posted?
I am looking to gain a similar stance, I just dont know how exactly to achieve a drop that low without getting coilovers.

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
go on google images site, and search "moog springs g-body"
should pull up a bunch of pretty low Gbody's, and what setup they run, on all the different Montecarlo, malibu, GN, etc sites
that stance on the green malibu appears to be around a 3/2" drop, with much taller tires on the back to give even more rake

sik_malibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2013
onyxxtreme said:
go on google images site, and search "moog springs g-body"
should pull up a bunch of pretty low Gbody's, and what setup they run, on all the different Montecarlo, malibu, GN, etc sites
that stance on the green malibu appears to be around a 3/2" drop, with much taller tires on the back to give even more rake
Really? only a 3/2? I didn't think it would tuck on that sort of drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor