Man O Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnPmc

Apprentice
May 28, 2009
Boogie Down Bronx N.Y.C
Well I have the Shittiest Luck Man.
I recently had My Crate Motor Dropped in My Car about 2 1/2 Weeks ago.
So I was Driving around, Cruising, Just Breaking in the Motor, So I Notice My Car is Overheating.
I Pull over, Let it Cool take it to My Mechanic, Tells Me it's My Thermostat. I Personally Think it's the Water Pump(Ohh and to You Guys, I did Buy the V8 Radiator). So He takes out the Thermostat, Drives it around, Doesn't Overheat, So I'm like "Once I get to the City, I'll go and cop a new Thermostat."
So now I'm on the Highway, Going up a Hill, Temperature Almost Immediately goes up to 190, So now I'm in My Car like "You got to be ****ing Kidding Me!"
So I make it to the City, Along the way, I Hear like a Grinding Noise under Me, Almost like a Honda's Engine Sound, But with a Grind to it.
So now I'm Thinking "Holy sh*t! Goddamn Transmission is done for".
I get to the City, Check out the Water Pump, And that's what was Wrong with My Car.
So basically We Check the Oil for the Transmission and it Smelled Burnt.
Plus when I'm Driving it takes forever for the Car just to Kick into Gear, Real real real Slow start, Sounds like the Car is Straining. :evil:
So Now I just Changed the Water Pump, Flushed out the Radiator, and Parked the Car in a Garage, Just going to Save up My Money and Buy a new Transmission and put it in Myself. I had to Curse out My Mechanic cause it was His Fault My Car is in the Predicament it's in. He Told Me He put in a new Water Pump, Only to See that it was old as ****.
I'm out to Puerto Rico in November for 2 Weeks, So My best Bet is to just put away My Car and not Worry about it now.
Well besides that Heartbreaking News to My Pockets, Here's some Cars that Share the Garage with My Cutlass.
DSC00367.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

And here's My Car.
DSC00346.jpg

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
WOW! The 80's called, and they want their Camaro back... :lol: Seriously though, a IROC turbo hood with a bonus spoiler added to it? And Yellow and bright blue mixed with gold irridite chrome mod wheels and RWL tires?

As for the transmission, try just changing the fluid and see if it works OK. If not, you are not out that much cash.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
if you go back to "your mechanic" again you deserve to have this happen to you.

i never let another person work on my car unless i have to and they only get ONE chance to do their work correctly. if they dont i never go back to them again. i dont have the money to take my car to people who dont know WTF they're doing and my patience certainly wont last long.

do yourself a favor and find another mechanic.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Seriously though, a IROC turbo hood with a bonus spoiler added to it?

Motion Performance.

AnPmc

Apprentice
May 28, 2009
Boogie Down Bronx N.Y.C
G_Body_Enthusiast said:
if you go back to "your mechanic" again you deserve to have this happen to you.

i never let another person work on my car unless i have to and they only get ONE chance to do their work correctly. if they dont i never go back to them again. i dont have the money to take my car to people who dont know WTF they're doing and my patience certainly wont last long.

do yourself a favor and find another mechanic.
I'm not going back to Him, He's Lucky I didn't Punch Him in the Face.
I'm going to do the Work Myself actually. I just didn't have the Time Myself, Busy with Work, School and My Band, But I'm going to make Time now.
Can't have this sh*t happen again

01GPGT

Apprentice
Jul 16, 2008
wow that umm camaro is diffrent :shock:

that bites abought the trans though :( same thing happend to me when i had the 85 MC finaly got it running with the correct ECM (4.3L v6 FI) sounded mean with just a cat no muffler driving along to school let of the gas to coast and the THM200C locks up :shock: the tires just drag along if i gave it gas it was fine it just didn't cost or down shift :? when i got to school the fluid was black

AnPmc

Apprentice
May 28, 2009
Boogie Down Bronx N.Y.C
01GPGT said:
wow that umm camaro is diffrent :shock:

that bites abought the trans though :( same thing happend to me when i had the 85 MC finaly got it running with the correct ECM (4.3L v6 FI) sounded mean with just a cat no muffler driving along to school let of the gas to coast and the THM200C locks up :shock: the tires just drag along if i gave it gas it was fine it just didn't cost or down shift :? when i got to school the fluid was black
Well the Guy who Owns the Camaro is in a Wheel Chair, He wants to Restore it, So once I get out of Auto Body Repair School I'm going to Help Him with it, Since I'll have Access to a Shop by then.
I'm definitely going to make it Look nice, Going to change that Goddamn Hood and Fix that T- Top and Change the Color as well.
He was doing a lot of Drugs in the 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor