Manual -e automatic transmission to manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Cheap enough. Wiring schematics?

Power Wheel shifters have 2 DPDT switches in them and they actually have "logic" built into them. With only 2 shifters you should be able to control 1-2-D with one shifter and then 4th and "OD" (TCC Lock up) with the other one.

Last edited:

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I'm just not sure I understand the appeal of converting an electronically shifted automatic transmission into a full manual box. I get the 80e's are strong, and many use them in carbed apps. I get the stand alone controllers can be expensive (to some), but why not just get a turbo 400 with a full manual valve body or pony up for an 80e with a controller so you can enjoy overdrive and not having to shift all the time.

You have so much tuneability with shift points, and converter lockup, etc with an electronically shifted automatic.

Last edited:

86pontiac2+2

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2016
I'm just not sure I understand the appeal of converting an electronically shifted automatic transmission into a full manual box. I get the 80e's are strong, and many use them in carbed apps. I get the stand alone controllers can be expensive (to some), but why not just get a turbo 400 with a full manual valve body or pony up for an 80e with a controller so you can enjoy overdrive and not having to shift all the time.

You have so much tuneability with shift points, and converter lockup, etc with an electronically shifted automatic.

For me,
It's the aquired know - how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor