GBOTM March 2024 GBOTM Nominations Thread - Enter NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercover87T

Greasemonkey
G-Body of the Month
Dec 24, 2012
Westminster, MD
Will throw mine in the mix for some of the exterior changes I made. Subtle changes for a cleaner, OEM+ look, but also slightly more aggressive at the same time.

- T-types (except WE4) all came with chrome bumpers, even with the W02 blackout trim which I think looked odd. Wanted color matched bumpers, but not fiberglass as they have no impact protection. Used a set of factory GN bumpers, had the small bumper guards shaved off front and rear, then color matched. Retained the impact strips for a factory look. Also changed out the lights for GM clear versions vs amber.
- No badges added after the car was painted except the small "T" on the fenders. Cleaner look, plus "3.8 SFI Turbo" doesn't apply since the car has a 4.5 stroker.
- Factory wheel well trim removed
- Header panel emblem hole filled
- High beams removed and replaced with factory trim rings with mesh for added airflow. Low beams replaced with Holley Retrobrights. GN black trim corner lights vs stock chrome. Rear lights have Digi-tails LED sequential boards.
- Competition Components one piece extended front air dam vs stock split ones (FMIC so no scoop down low)

32.jpg

54.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Will throw mine in the mix for some of the exterior changes I made. Subtle changes for a cleaner, OEM+ look, but also slightly more aggressive at the same time.

- T-types (except WE4) all came with chrome bumpers, even with the W02 blackout trim which I think looked odd. Wanted color matched bumpers, but not fiberglass as they have no impact protection. Used a set of factory GN bumpers, had the small bumper guards shaved off front and rear, then color matched. Retained the impact strips for a factory look. Also changed out the lights for GM clear versions vs amber.
- No badges added after the car was painted except the small "T" on the fenders. Cleaner look, plus "3.8 SFI Turbo" doesn't apply since the car has a 4.5 stroker.
- Factory wheel well trim removed
- Header panel emblem hole filled
- High beams removed and replaced with factory trim rings with mesh for added airflow. Low beams replaced with Holley Retrobrights. GN black trim corner lights vs stock chrome. Rear lights have Digi-tails LED sequential boards.
- Competition Components one piece extended front air dam vs stock split ones (FMIC so no scoop down low)

View attachment 237154
View attachment 237155
He'll I entered and I'd vote for ya

Reactions: 1 users

jwood1213

Apprentice
Apr 14, 2020
MA
I’ll nominate myself, bought the car in 2018 white and that picture of it painted black was taken last Monday. In the 6 years I've had the car, I've done
-new floor pan
-replaced A pillars and t top metals
-true dual instead of Y pipe
-edelbrock carb, holley intake, short hooker headers
-removed emission stuff
-2 new doors
-2inch cowl hood
-2 new quarters
-new trunk
-cut out the factory grill and replaced it with a Ford Ranger honeycomb grille. saw an instagram post of a similar setup from chevy performance and liked how it turned out
-GTA rims

Attachments

• IMG_3688.jpeg
    IMG_3688.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3686.jpeg
    IMG_3686.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
hey guys, still here. We need to get things re-aligned properly, so I'm making an exec decision. Entries for March/April close today. Anything later than midnight CDT isn't in. I'll run a voting thread tomorrow for 3 days. Gotta get the month on the page lined up with the actual month it is. ck80 is doing an awesome job but I just need things to match if that makes any sense. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor