Massachusetts drivers.just a heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
as you might be aware the DMV over hauled their system recently due to a horrendous fatal in NH this summer.this new system is popping up with all kinds of old "unpaid citations" dating back 20+ years.seeing there's no statue of limitations on driving/parking offenses-I've heard from a few people getting grabbed/towed for offenses they paid for back then but there's no record of this on the DMV end.strange as it sounds a warrant can show up for a 20 year old ticket and ruin your weekend.i went to MASS.GOV and punched in my info and found nothing but i've never seen an honor system like this but i wonder if they'll get anyone with it.
1127191715.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
What accident happened in NH that you're referring to? We had a bad one in NY involving a limo that was not inspected. Killed 18 people inside of it :(

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
wow.
an individual with a well expired/many infractions/driving record crossed the center line and killed seven people on motorcycles in NH back in june.it was a big to do with the ma DMV as the CT DMV had notified them about him and his record a few weeks prior and it was swept under the rug.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I remember hearing about the accident. I never heard about the DMV issues with it though. What a shame :(

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Anyone remember the great NYC Parking Violations scandal? People paid their tickets and the money never made it into the system. Then came the late notices and towings. Didn't Donald Manes commit suicide over that one?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor