HELP Master brake cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibudave

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2010
Houston, TX
Your front brake calipers piston size are around the size of stock, but your piston area is smaller than most 80s rear disc calipers.

For that I would run the Right Hand Drive 2000 S10 master cylinder. If you need more assist, you can replace the g-body booster for a '89-'90 B-body booster.

Reactions: 1 users

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
It does matter,the angle of those (or lack there of) wilwood job's is not very practical.its leaning so far back that you'd have to jack the back of the car up to level it off to reach the full mark. I installed one Initially but it wasn't any good.they wouldn't send me a new one,they offered to rebuild mine in house only.(gtfo it's brand new)3 strikes you're out.I'm running one from 87 monte,disk/disk prop valve,wilwoods all around with no issues

It may matter that they are not tilted at too much of an angle but I have had more cars with a tilted MC than level.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Y'all got me thinking. I put this fancy chrome MC on the Cutlass and have sorta worried about the tilt of it from the get go. The bowls are full, and there isn't a way of the lines running dry unless the car goes upside down....
20200922_175922.jpg
20200922_175933.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

FluoFerret

Greasemonkey
Apr 2, 2018
Luxembourg
Hello everybody!
Thank you all for your many replies, and my appologies for my absence, but Covid19 had me in its grips :( but i am feeling better now. still struggling with my stamina.

A friend of mine gave me this master cylinder for free and told me it was for a disc/disc car (for a 1988 Camaro) and that it would fit my Lemans (angled and the right mounting flange size)

The issue I have with this is, that it has two different bore sizes in one. 24,4mm and 36mm. Which one would be for the front brakes and which one for the rear? Or even: what was the purpose of this type of MC?
Any thoughts here?

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
While a 3rd gen master will bolt to the booster you will need to modify your lines as the connection for them on a g body is on the opposite side of the f body.
Now when I did 4 wheel blazer discs on my 81 GP I used an 84 or 85 Eldorado prop valve since they were 4 wheel disc and similar size and weight to a g body. For the master i used a 1981 4 wheel disc trans am unit that is almost identical looking to a stock g master. The only other thing I should do is use the 88 and up b body booster cause it currently has less assist than I would like. But it will stop on a dime and give you 9.5 cents change.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Y'all got me thinking. I put this fancy chrome MC on the Cutlass and have sorta worried about the tilt of it from the get go. The bowls are full, and there isn't a way of the lines running dry unless the car goes upside down.... View attachment 157795 View attachment 157796
Wow Scott, does that look good. I really like the perspective of looking across the top of the front fenders with the hood open!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor