master cylinder and booster upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

roachownsu

Greasemonkey
May 24, 2013
Getting ready to go with the front blazer brakes upgrade... since I'm doing the brakes I was wondering what upgrades are out there for better stopping power? Any recommendations on different types of master cylinders and boosters.

roachownsu

Greasemonkey
May 24, 2013
Ok so if I go in to the auto parts store what vehicle do I look up to get these parts?

roachownsu

Greasemonkey
May 24, 2013
I was reading around... so what's the advantages of doing the hrydo boost conversion.... like I said I'm going with the blazer front brake conversion...

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
You don't need hydroboost unless you're running some kind of boosted engine, turbo, supercharger, etc. I'm using the g-body dual diaphragm booster but I'm using a b-body master cylinder, 1989 caprice application. It has a larger bore so more pedal effort is needed but I think it beats the original master cylinder. You could use a dual diaphragm b-body booster but I don't think it's really needed and depending on the engine you use (Cadillac) the larger b-body booster may not fit. I will suggest stainless steel braided hoses to replace the rubber ones and maybe even new lines since these cars are 30+ years old. I have stainless lines and hoses. Best money I ever spent on my brake system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor