Mcss tt 402 build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Finally got the short block parts in and crank balanced. Engine will begin to be put together. It is a lq9 bored 4.030 an stroked 3.900 (after some research seems the slightly less stroke was a good idea). i am going to be running carillo rods, Lt4 crank and wiseco pistons. For heads i have a set of mast small bore ls7 heads. (i know ima catch some flack for the build). I want to go twin turbo to make around 1000 hp range. in order to get the right cam i need to have an idea of what turbos i will be running. i want to keep them a set of t4's just not sure which or the make. does anyone have any recommendations? First ls build or any actual build for that matter. This will be a street/track car.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Call up BTR or Tick and tell them what you're doing. Technically, any cam does better with boost. I'm running a stage 1 boost cam (.613/.590 lift on a 114 lsa) for 4.8/5.3 from Tick (ground by Cam Motion) and have associated parts to keep it alive. My motor isn't boosted yet, but even in NA status I'm pushing 400ish HP with BTR springs/pushrods, Straub trunnion upgrade, holley midram, stainless long tubes and full x pipe. Also running a shift kitted 80E with custom spec'd FTI converter and it moves out pretty good. Running HP Tuners and its dialed in pretty dang good!
My buddy is running twin 78's on a 5.3 and hitting right at 1k hp. This past weekend he was making 9.4 sec passes at 30lbs of boost, but the suspension isn't fully dialed in yet. If you stick with 78/75's, plenty of fuel (aeromotive 5gph or equivalent), and good tune, that built 6L will easily hit 1k hp.

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
imagination jerking off GIF

Reactions: 1 users

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Call up BTR or Tick and tell them what you're doing. Technically, any cam does better with boost. I'm running a stage 1 boost cam (.613/.590 lift on a 114 lsa) for 4.8/5.3 from Tick (ground by Cam Motion) and have associated parts to keep it alive. My motor isn't boosted yet, but even in NA status I'm pushing 400ish HP with BTR springs/pushrods, Straub trunnion upgrade, holley midram, stainless long tubes and full x pipe. Also running a shift kitted 80E with custom spec'd FTI converter and it moves out pretty good. Running HP Tuners and its dialed in pretty dang good!
My buddy is running twin 78's on a 5.3 and hitting right at 1k hp. This past weekend he was making 9.4 sec passes at 30lbs of boost, but the suspension isn't fully dialed in yet. If you stick with 78/75's, plenty of fuel (aeromotive 5gph or equivalent), and good tune, that built 6L will easily hit 1k hp.
Yea ordered my cam already from smallwood. im going to go with a pair of s369 or anything in that range. Finally the actual car is looking like a car again. slowly but surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor