mexican ss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

84monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2007
spring hill,fl
so me and this guy at the local car show started talking about my monte and he asked what year is it, i said 84

he then mentioned that there was a mexican ss, he said "he thought they were made in 84", he also so mentioned that they were 350(265hp) w/crazy *ss amount of torque, 4spd manual(hurst shifter), low production,etc

that sounds pretty badass for a production car in the 80's

does anyone know about this, is this even true?(i'm new to the g-body family)..lol

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
how come mexico got a SS that is actually worthy of a SS badge? oh yea, those damn emissions laws the goverment has.... i make a yearly trip to cancun and the cars they have down there are totally different then what the states have. from what i have been told they continued the make slug bugs(you know the real ones we play slug bug______ WACK) up untill the new modern looking ones came out. and they still havve all of the little geo metros and festivas and all of those tiny fuel efficient cars that you dont seem to see anymore around here. their chevy logos are not the same as ours and the trucks have different grills on them. i saw only one g body down there and it happened to be a monte ss that had a horrible blue paint job and retarded looking wheels(i had to make fun of it, lol). now i am wondering if it may have been a "mexican ss"........

1980Gbody

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2007
Warren MI
haha when i first seen the title of this post i thought i was gonna open it up and see a ss monte wiht flake paint and some 13 inch spokes

thats a pretty decent amount of hp out of a early 80s car

kevinrocks

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2007
Louisville, KY
regalman4925 said:
from what i have been told they continued the make slug bugs(you know the real ones we play slug bug______ WACK) up untill the new modern looking ones came out. quote]

aircooled bugs stopped production in mexico in 2003. (the new bug cam out in 98?) They had a few upgraded creature comforts, and mechanical improvements, but, all in all, it was still pretty much the same damn car.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
kevinrocks said:
aircooled bugs stopped production in mexico in 2003. (the new bug cam out in 98?) They had a few upgraded creature comforts, and mechanical improvements, but, all in all, it was still pretty much the same damn car.
Yeah I read about that. They forced them to stop based on "excessive emissions". They are still one of the most popular vehicles in Mexico to this day.

Speaking of strange cars I know they still made Dodge RamChargers up until the new body style in '02. Those things are rare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor