Mice entry points

Status
Not open for further replies.

10secBUICKGN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2022
Ashland County Ohio
If possible, use those pet and kid friendly bait stations outside, around the building where you are storing the vehicle. The best defense, is a good offense. IF you are going to use the snap traps, resist the urge to lather the lure with bait. A little dab of peanut butter or nutella will do it, especially on the underside of the lure. You want them to engage with the trap, otherwise they can sit pretty still and eat their fill.

Try to keep trash and any kind of food out of the area you store the car. Aside from looking for shelter you don't want anything additional to draw them inside.

For the nuclear, trap option, I have heard that this thing works real well. But for the price, it might as well wash and wax your rig and make lunch.

Good luck.
lmao good nature. Political correctness at it's zenith

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

10secBUICKGN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2022
Ashland County Ohio
For what it's worth, the snap traps stlll had peanut butter on them this morning and wow is that peppermint oil strong! Could smell it before I opened the car doors lol.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
The rubber flat AC drain (lower AC box ) is an open door that leads directly into all the vents. 1642877199802.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I would like to know I it depends on models also. My dogs food was disappearing pretty fast and I just took it as winter time they eat more, then I needed something out of the trunk and BAM!!! the whole trunk full to the top was full of dog food nothing in the cabin area just the trunk. I threw it all out it was like 8 sacks of food. After that I thew a bunch of mothballs in there, 2 boxes worth and haven't had them come back lol I also have cats now so that helps
Two boxes of moth balls! That must have been a lot of work getting those. They're small and it's hard to keep their little legs open. But seriously, I heard that works fairly well.

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
They get smart if there's more than one they come and try to pull the other one off or jump right over the trap once they know it's there. I like the glue trap that forms the boxed tunnel and put the bait in the opposite end

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The answer is everywhere they can fit.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am thinking they are already living in your car and you are making it easier for them bringing food to them.
I stripped a Monte SS last year and I didn't realize there was a mouse problem from a previous owner until one of the last things I removed was the dash and there was a pile of interior insulation in a mound on top of the dash under the padding and a piss trail running down the dash structure and this was the only sign I found of their existence and if that dash wasn't in great shape I wouldn't have removed it and I wouldn't have known at all.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The rubber flat AC drain (lower AC box ) is an open door that leads directly into all the vents. View attachment 190756
The A/C drain on these cars are really poorly designed. They pour rain water on the #2 body mount and rust it out. Saw a video of a guy turning the dash blowers on a car that sat for years which blew tons of mouse turds on him. Once at a junkyard I saw someone had put a screen over their aircleaner snorkel opening to keep them out.

One of the really gross things about mice is that they have no control over expelling body waste. They basically are constantly urinating and defecting, leaving trails to attract other mice. If you have a UV light you could try to follow the urine trails to find where they are getting in. Damn do I hate those little bastards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
The A/C drain on these cars are really poorly designed. They pour rain water on the #2 body mount and rust it out. Saw a video of a guy turning the dash blowers on a car that sat for years which blew tons of mouse turds on him. Once at a junkyard I saw someone had put a screen over their aircleaner snorkel opening to keep them out.

One of the really gross things about mice is that they have no control over expelling body waste. They basically are constantly urinating and defecting, leaving trails to attract other mice. If you have a UV light you could try to follow the urine trails to find where they are getting in. Damn do I hate those little bastards.

Exactly, move the traps around, turning them slightly. Position the traps along the wall, not out in the middle of the open floor. They normally run along the walls or "something" as it provides a bit of cover and ability for them to retrace their steps and for others to follow their trail of waste. They are creatures of habit, so making the slightest change in the configuration of traps, glue, snap, whatever, might be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor