Mickey thompson ET streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonteMan1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2007
Hudson MA
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using the Mickey thompson ET Streets? I used to run the MT Drag Radials but it seems that everywhere i call they are on back order and wont be able to get them for at least 2-3 weeks and that's not guaranteed.

I ended up ordering a pair of ET streets 28x10.5x15 for my car, its a street/strip car mostly street but I'm tired of spinning the tires every time i line up. Just wondering the overall performance and drivability of them on and off the track, any feed back would be great, thanks.

et streets are a REALLY good street/strip tire, you will be very happy with your choice, they are probably the best borderline street tire you can run, but they are also a soft compound so dont expect them to last as long as your average street radial

BBC_cutty said:
et streets are a REALLY good street/strip tire, you will be very happy with your choice, they are probably the best borderline street tire you can run, but they are also a soft compound so dont expect them to last as long as your average street radial

i only drive the car for about 3-4 months a year but i realize they wear quickly. its just a joke running regular radial tires, not much point in havin the power i have if i cant plant it to the ground rite. well thanks for the feedback, appreciate it

mt streets

i just bought a set of 28-11.50-15s for my car,but haven't been to strip yet.. if i get lucky i'll know this week end 😀

I have a set of ET Streets. I'm very happy with them as far as traction. They are pretty soft. I try not to run them too much on the street, I only run them when I'm driving to and from the track. I've gone through a set just from driving.

Chevyman85 said:
I have a set of ET Streets. I'm very happy with them as far as traction. They are pretty soft. I try not to run them too much on the street, I only run them when I'm driving to and from the track. I've gone through a set just from driving.

So have you ever been on the highway at all with them? and are you running tubes in them?

they are soft! they are ok on the street. but i would not drive with them on all the time. you are getting a slick with 3 lines through it. your car will be darty if you run skinnies up front too. i had them on the highway and it can be a hand full at times. here they are on my friends cutlass. my backs are 10.5 wide and i think they are 27 or 28 tall.
Picture043.jpg

they will be my only tires for now but im only gunna be driving the car for 1 more month then its off the road. I was just wondering if you HAVE to run a tube in them because the Tech guy at Jegs said that i didnt need to and i have being reading in different forums and a lot people arent running tubes in them. You think it would be alright to run them with out a tube?

MonteMan1987 said:
Chevyman85 said:

So have you ever been on the highway at all with them? and are you running tubes in them?

Yeah, I've run on the highway with them on, no problem there. I keep them at about 17PSI and they hook-up really nice! I don't run a tube them them. I havn't had to. They hold air fine. And they are a DOT approved radial tire so you shouldn't have to. I raced with two guys that both ran them and they didn't run tubes.

et streets

et streets are not a radial tire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor