Mickey thompson ET streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: et streets

JESSE said:
et streets are not a radial tire...

I know they are not a radial tire but they are DOT, I think people are getting them confused with the now impossible to get Mickey thompson drag radials. anyways i mounted them up and they hook really good, cant wait to try them out at the track.

me to, we got that damm storm coming and theres a big race this week end so it'll probably get cancelled 🙁

et streets

well i finally got to break in my new m/t streets 😀 and it went better than expected...i went to the wedsday night king of the hill race at our local strip knowing that it's to hot to make any good times,but i could'nt stand it any more just looking at my new tires just sitting there with the little nubs looking back at me :roll: my whole intentions was to break them in and get the preesure's right so when it cools down i would'nt have to waste time. i followed the directions that i found at mickey thompson's web site. i started at 18psi and did two hard burnouts, i was impressed right away!!! so i started droping the pressure one pound at a time. the first thing i noticed was coming out at wide open throttle it lifted hard and got so light in the front end i almost lost it!! so i got a friend to come down to the starting line with me, so he might be able to tell me what was going on.he told me that my left front tire was lifting about 4 inches off the ground and that the right was almost lifting off 😀 but the scary thing was when it rebounded it did the same thing hahaha now only in my dreams did i think that i would ever pull the wheels :shock: he also said that the tires are spining some so i guess i need to work on the pressure some. my last adjustment put me at 15psi my best 60ft was 1.70 and time of 12.62 @107mph..i was able to get 5 time trial passes in before the race started so i dialed in a 12.62 and started racing.the first car i raced was a 06 corvette that dialed in 12.80 i beat him so bad i let off at a thousand foot stripe an turned a 12.80 @98mph now i know i had some luck because he was late on his light by 5/10ths of a second an his 60 was a 2.0 and my worst 60 ft i had all night i still got him by 2/10ths there at the 1/8 i had him by another 3/10ths he finnished at a 12.90 @110mph hehe. anyway to make a long story short i had the best night racing i've ever had!!! i had to race five passes and won the race!!!!! so i think the mickey's are working for me 😀

Re: et streets

what kind of stall and rear gears and suspension are you running? I havent been able to get to the track but my car should be in the 12.70 range i doubt i will lift the tires tho, I have crappy eibach springs and edelbrock IAS shocks. I have a 3000 stall and 410 gear, hopefully they will hook

Lifting the wheel

My car runs 11.61 on the et drag radial with a 1.6 60' and only lifts the tire an inch sometimes.

Re:

v8power said:
they are soft! they are ok on the street. but i would not drive with them on all the time. you are getting a slick with 3 lines through it. your car will be darty if you run skinnies up front too. i had them on the highway and it can be a hand full at times. here they are on my friends cutlass. my backs are 10.5 wide and i think they are 27 or 28 tall.
Picture043.jpg

Do you know the rim sizes for this setup? Or what size rims and tires is everyone running these MT ET's on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor