modified bumpers (sink them in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
As most know I have a 82 Regal. The bumper fillers are junk as usual. I know I can sink the rear bumper in, relocate the tail light wires to the inside, cut off whatever bolts are there, weld a plate over the area to smooth it out and cut the bumper bracket shorter so I have about a 1" to 2" gap between the rear body and fender.

The front however I am lost. The only thing I can see doing is moving the bumper up an inch or so. modify the headlight buckets and put less of an angle on them and do the same with the grill and the body around the grill.

The only thing this will cost me is some fiberglass and body filler.

The other thing I could do is weld some metal where the bumper is now and make it appear that it is one with the body. for the top I can roll some metal to put a curve, weld it to the bumper, tuck it under the headlight bucket and call it done.

Anyone have any tips or ideas?

The front will be difficult with the way the grill rests on the header panel and the bumper. My bumper is about an inch closer to the body that it's supposed to be due to a front-end collision and it completely throws the grill alignment off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor