Monte Carlo SS Charcoal Canister vs. Turbo Buick

Status
Not open for further replies.

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
Well, this question may be more suited for parts collectors, or someone who owns one of each, but I am trying to find the answer to a question. Both the Monte SS and Turbo Buick have the Charcoal canister on the drivers side. So here is my question, do the MCSS and TR both use the same exact vent line from tank to the front of the vehicle? Thanks in advance.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
You mean as far as a replacement part? Good question, I would think yes.

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
liquidh8 said:
You mean as far as a replacement part? Good question, I would think yes.

I'm just trying to determine if the lines are exactly the same because I am doing a chevy swap and I need to pull a vent line from the local yard or parts guy. If I have more options on where to get them, it would be easier to find. :)

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Ahh, ok, I feel. Well, the last few Chevys I had, all had the vent line on the Drivers frame rail, and the canister on the drivers front inner wheel well. The buick I have, has everything in the same spot. So, I would think since the frames are the same, the lines should be the same, since they are run the same.

I never had 2 side by side, but I have had a few of each car. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor