Monte Carlo turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
I was looking at the random pics at the bottom of the main page and seen the ad for a Monte Carlo SC Turbo. How rare is that car cause iv never heard of such

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
It's fairly rare as it was only made for a year or two in the early 80's. It's a blow-through carb setup and is the same setup used on the early turbo Regals in the late 70's. It is rare today because, like all turbo engines, it requires more maintenance to keep it working right, and most people ignore their cars until something goes wrong. Doing this with a turbo does not make it happy for long, and so when they die due to neglect or improper operation, they get junked.

kiddboo84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 25, 2007
I had a chance to buy one but unfortunatly someone else bought it . All it really is a monte with a buck grand national motor in it ,and it does take a lot to kept up but it's well worth it.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
Yeah 2 years only 80 and 81 there was a 81 for sell here i didn't buy it guy wanted 3 grand for it.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
My friends dad had one, he just sold the body. He kept the engine though.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
GM has a history of slapping a turbo on an engine and advertising it alot to draw a crowd to the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor