Monte Interior part Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

kartrac3r

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2008
Kearney, NE
imagejpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

What is the piece that is between the dash and the center console? I've seen it on a few monte's now and I don't really know what I'm looking at, but may want one for my Monte, anybody know?

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
I believe they came in the '85 and older cars.

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
supercrackerbox said:
I believe they came in the '85 and older cars.

yes 85 and older. the 86-88 got stuck with the coin tray.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
No idea why GM every got rid of it (probably to save a few bucks). As mentioned it ties the dash and console together nicely and is a great place to hide change etc. The tray found on 86-88 console cars is pretty useless IMHO, but they had to have something as the shift cable needed to be covered up.

100_1183jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
That's a pretty slick fire extinguisher mount. I might have to copy that.

Do your passengers ever complain?

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I actually stole the idea from Bernie on the Monte board. The nice part is I used the factory screw holes for the glovebox door (I refuse to drill any factory parts :) ). I've sat over there myself and it's not really in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor