Monte Ls to be burned! Ahh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Today as I drove by the local fire dept, I saw a monte ls, looked to be about an 83. It was white, had a roof rotter, needed some little work, and oh yeah, IT WAS IN THE BURN PILE! :cry: you know, the cars they use to practice putting out car fires. It wasn't burned yet, but it will be soon! Sad sight...

Nov 4, 2012
JRG53 said:
Another sad day: Cash for clunkers.

X2 I'm gonna go up to the dept tomorrow or day after Christmas and ask if they'll give me a couple parts off of it.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I stopped giving a crap about the local firefighter training cars.... :| I've seen plenty of gbodies, fbodies, etc etc destroyed!!... I seen a 59-60 impala with which had a obviously rebuilt and built 454 burn!! I tried to see if i could score it but they simply said "nope".. :twisted: I thought about "borrowing" it but it wasn't worth my job!!! i've seen a ws6 Trans Am burn too!! :evil: the worst is when they butcher them apart.... :(

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
I'd hate to see that. All I've seen is them using caliveers & s-10 like trucks around here. I could care less about those. Lol. I'd be upset for yrs if i seen a nice gbody or classic! :evil: make em a small donation & get anything u could use or anything that our forum peeps might need.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
JRG53 said:
Another sad day: Cash for clunkers.
Cash for clunkers pissed me off. Seen a mint '88 cutlass destroyed. Had great Maroon buckets & console too! Talk about a waste. It had the hard to find factory alum snowflake like wheels too. I believe they had to be ordered special.

Nov 4, 2012
I was a little to young to understand (or care) what was going on when cash for clunkers was initiated, but now that I have my own car that's 25+ years olds, it really pisses me off. All the environmentalist hippies in Washington trying to prevent global warming. Hey, here in Pittsburgh, we're all for global warming, because I wouldn't mind a beachfront property!

Nov 4, 2012
85GPLef41 said:
I stopped giving a crap about the local firefighter training cars.... :| I've seen plenty of gbodies, fbodies, etc etc destroyed!!... I seen a 59-60 impala with which had a obviously rebuilt and built 454 burn!! I tried to see if i could score it but they simply said "nope".. :twisted: I thought about "borrowing" it but it wasn't worth my job!!! i've seen a ws6 Trans Am burn too!! :evil: the worst is when they butcher them apart.... :(

"The jaws of life" - not for the car! Yeah, sometimes volunteer firefighters can be real a-holes, not saying they all are, but I've met more than a few who were. Normally they just burn neons, s10s, old corollas, stuff like that around here, but when I saw the monte in the pile, I felt obligated to do something about it. At least get some little parts off it. Maybe seat belts, door thresholds, some trim pieces, and door panels would be nice. I'd give them like $30 or something. If it has a console, I'll take that. I gotta at least ask.

G-boz

Greasemonkey
Jul 13, 2008
CT
I actually saved an 87 Monte SS Aerocoupe from the same fate, bought the car off the firehouse. The car was pretty beat up , entire drivers side was wiped out in an accident, frame rotted..ect.. Car had T-tops and ran, just needed to change a bent tie rod. I was going to restore it but it was to far gone, ended up parting it and using the parts for my other aero..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor