motor swap with headers installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porklops

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2010
i heard its a pain in the *ss to put the headers on later, should i just bolt them on the new motor or will they get in the way of installing the new motor? trying to save myself some aggravation.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
On most engines and headers, you can not bolt them on and then install the engine. Doesn't give you enough room to maneuver everything.

What you need to do is lay the headers in the engine bay and then tie them up out of the way. Install the engine and then bolt the headers up.

As you install the engine you may have to jockey the headers around a little to keep the clear of the engine but this is much easier than trying to install them after the engine is installed.

2Gbodys

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2011
Works good when you have the transmission side of the engine mounted, but lift the front off the motor mounts then put the headers in and lower the engine. Sometimes you have to clearance the headers a bit so they don't hit the a arms. Better headers fit without any issues! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor