Motorweek-1980's G Bodys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowproelco

Greasemonkey
Jul 19, 2011
So Cal
that was awsome makes me wish i coulda had one brand new back in the day but then i was only 5 back in 87

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Did I hear that correctly? 2+2 was 18K, GN was 14K? No wonder there aren't many around. Unless you were a Pontiac or NASCAR lover you may not have bought one.

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
omg the excuse of why the mc SS is slow due to the current ss buyer is a family man...what a LOAD! This motor week video is kinda sad...shows how terribad the performance was than...jmo!

jasonreid

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2011
Rockmart, Georgia
G-Body_Vet said:
Did I hear that correctly? 2+2 was 18K, GN was 14K? No wonder there aren't many around. Unless you were a Pontiac or NASCAR lover you may not have bought one.

The most expensive out of all of them with the least performance at that.

The only thing the 2+2 had on any of them was the aerodynamics. It really had an edge on all of them along with handling. That paltry 150HP 305 and 3sp Auto killed it though.

UGH.

Can't wait to build one and make it RIGHT...:D

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I must be old !! I remember getting up on saturday mornings to watch motorweek as a teen and I wanted a GN so bad

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
jasonreid said:
G-Body_Vet said:

The most expensive out of all of them with the least performance at that.

The only thing the 2+2 had on any of them was the aerodynamics. It really had an edge on all of them along with handling. That paltry 150HP 305 and 3sp Auto killed it though.

UGH.

Can't wait to build one and make it RIGHT...:D

Yeah the 2+2 got the shaft for sure. I never understood why they gave it 3.08's either.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Sure would have been nice to have one of those cars brand new. If only I was born in the 70's....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor