BUILD THREAD My 1984 Monte Carlo SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

84_SS

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2015
Windsor, Ont
So our track day was postponed to the 22nd of Oct so I still haven't made it down the track yet. The car is now on 14psi of boost and even with the Mickey Thompsons it is a handful on the street. I'm currently battling some spark issues, low rpm low load the car is sputtering and jolting. Going to pull the plugs and wires tonight and see if the plugs are fowled or if any of the wires are burnt up or broken.
Been street driving the car a ton, definitely get some interesting looks driving it 3 different colors haha.

It looks ridiculous lol.
Ditched my high beams and put some screen in the housing. Also opened up the hole at the back, lets tons of air in and I honestly believe its helping keep my engine bay temp nice and cool while cruising .

Car has yet to go over 180 degress. which is crazy for a turbo car, they normally run quite hot.
I will be posting a couple driving vids when I get a chance to pull them off the gopro.

Reactions: 1 users

84_SS

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2015
Windsor, Ont
So I made it to the track this past saturday, I'm super pleased with the outcome. Car ran great, absolutely no issues what so ever.
I need a trans brake badly though, car is a dog off the line. Cant build enough boost on the foot brake.
Here's a few pictures

Also a couple vids
That was my fastest pass 11.26@127mph
Racing a friends aerocoupe for fun

All in all extremely happy with the cars performance, it has 10's in it for sure. Just need a trans brake.
paint is a must this winter also, get some really funny looks at the track lol

Reactions: 1 users

84_SS

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2015
Windsor, Ont
Found a few more pictures from the track day.

And my personal favorite.

Hoping to get to the track one last time next weekend, I still have plenty of power to unleash just by tuning.
and I can also up the boost a touch :twisted:. Really thinking I can crack that 10 sec barrier
As for winter projects I'll be tackling the paint, and some interior stuff that needs to be addressed.
Also would like to rework a chunk of my hotside to get the turbo into a better position, and completely
fill the fire wall holes and run all my wires though a MILSpec connector!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor